Jason Zilberbrand is the President of VREF Aircraft Value Reference & Appraisal Services. He is an Accredited Senior Aircraft Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), and an Accredited Member of the Appraisers National Association (ANA), and he is also an Accredited Member of the International Society of Appraisers (ISA), Expert Witness, broker, inventorying dealer, acquisition agent, aircraft owner, aircraft operator, contract negotiator, consultant, teacher, conference speaker, and author. Jason spent over 15 years as an inventory aircraft dealer with a $300-million-dollar credit facility, and over $4.5 billion in aircraft
After spending 25 years in General Aviation working directly with aircraft owners, operators, and owning and operating his own aircraft, Jason knows the international aviation marketplace. He is considered an expert in aircraft valuations and aircraft transactions, and his background is diverse with knowledge in technology and aviation.
Areas of aviation expertise include:
- Business aviation transactions
- Breach of contract disputes
- Corporate breach of contract
- Back to back disputes
- Agent agreements
- Aircraft valuation
- Aircraft diminution of value, post-accident damage, insurance claims
- Aircraft Depreciation, historical depreciation
- Engine maintenance programs, Airframe Maintenance Programs, Power by the hour programs contracts, and standards
- Statistical analysis of aircraft values
- Aircraft resale, aircraft import/export
Jason graduated in the top 1% of his class with National Honors from Roosevelt University in Chicago as well as a lifetime member of The Franklin Honor Society and a member of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Jason is an avid Triathlete, marathon runner, swimmer, and cyclist and enjoys spending time with his family. Jason is currently the Director of Public Relations for ASA Chicago Chapter 33.